Sunday, June 04, 2006

Camping

Having been able to travel alot and see many beautiful places, I think Lake Quachita ranks up there with the best. With mountains around the lake having a blueish haze and with the trees and water, a beautiful scene is created. This was the location of a fun christian family fellowship this past weekend. With seven RVs and five or six tents, the campsites reserved were full of families having fun together. The weather couldn't have cooperated any better. A chill in the evening was good enough to sit around the campfire and roast marshmellows and also sleep well in a tent. That was were I was on Friday night, sharing a tent with my sister. Our family has always enjoyed camping when we were little, and we carried that tradition on with our children. I was glad that my trip back coincided with this camp outing of the family ministry. Of course, the only thing that was missing was Rick! Have you ever tried to do something that you use to do good and you just wanted to see if you could still do it? Well, I tried waterskiing and am paying for it today. Yes, I got up (on one ski no less), but I am so sore today it is difficult to walk! Ha! I think I will leave that to the younger generation from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home