Friday, May 19, 2006

Mail Call


In the hot summer days of my teen years, I regularly attended bible camp. A highlight of camp was to receive mail. Your name would be called out and you would have to sing a song, tell a joke, or run around the mess hall tables before getting your letter. It was very embarrassing but everyone wanted to receive mail! Well, we were very excited last week when we received several birthday cards in the mail. We didn’t have to sing or run around, but we did laugh a lot. Our kids enjoy sending us cards that make fun of our age! Paula, yours was pretty good, too! As usual, Gary and June Thorson added a few little comic clippings with their card. We laughed until we cried. Thanks for the smiles! Gail PS I just recieve a Mother's Day card from Brit! It only took two weeks. The cards above were sent as early as March!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick and Gail,
It's your niece Emma and I wanted to know if you could email me your street address so I can write you too! My email is montexans@sbcglobal.net Thanks a lot and I guess I'll start working on your christmas card now to get to you by them!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home