Friday, May 26, 2006

SHEAR EXCITEMENT!

My first born child went to see the Texas Rangers play baseball Thursday night. That is not unusual but she sat with my best baseball friend in the whole universe, Jim Gardner and his daughter Trae. Jim invited Britt and her friend Tiffany to join them to watch the Rangers play the Athletics from Oakland. I knew when I turned on the computer and read the recap of the game it was a real “hum-dinger”. (no offense Kirk)
The Rangers fell hopelessly behind, 7-0, and seemed to have no chance for a come back. But, as we all know, there is always a chance, and come back they did. After a grand-slam home run to start the come back, the climax came in the bottom of the ninth, of course, with Ranger Phil Nevin hitting a walk off homer to end the game.
I immediately e-mailed Britt and she wrote back late a night to confirm the games outcome. I then ran to the internet café and called my friend Jim and chatted about 10 minutes just like old times. I am so thankful for modern technology that lets me communicate half way around the world so easily! Go Rangers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Gardner said...

Rick,

I wrote about your call on my blog this morning. Getting to talk to you was the final highlight on a day I will never forget! I've always been so jealous of you -- that you were there on the dramatic day two summers ago when David Dellucci knocked in the winning run against the A's during the pennant chase. Now, I've got a treasured memory to rival yours!

Wish you could've been there last night but am so grateful to have had the opportunity to speak with you.

Jim

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home