Monday, May 29, 2006

Bible on Trial

Living out of the country, we have missed worship service with our church family. The singing and fellowship is quite different. The Lord is still present, love is shared, but there is a blessing in hearing great singing and an uplifting sermon. I experienced that on Sunday at Prestoncrest in Dallas. Of course it didn't hurt to have my children on both sides of me. Rick later told me he was the only man again at English service in Phnom Penh, so he had a full morning. The ministers of Prestoncrest were presenting a series that refuted the movie "The DaVinci Code". They had titled it "The Bible on Trial: Can We Trust the Four Gospels?" It was a great lesson. The book is clearly fiction to those who know the bible and have strong faith. But to those who don't have a conviction or study for themselves, here is yet another false teaching that can confuse their mind. Teaching these young Khmer students who know nothing about the Bible is humbling and made me realize how much I took for granted. We read verses and I ask myself why I believe this and how can I simply state that to people with no biblical background. It has caused me to study deeper and read in a different light. Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home