Friday, October 16, 2009

Dental Time



I try not to blog too often on the dental clinic but I haven’t for a while now. Last week a lady with pain came and her tooth seemed to have fused roots and come out with only moderate rotational force. When I tried the “moderate” force nothing happened. So I began to elevate it some more and it only wanted to come lingual. This is somewhat unusual but it just kept coming to the lingual and eventually came on out. To my surprise it had interesting anatomy to say the least! How the roots did not break I will never know but I was thankful.
The same week I was using a Cryer to remove a lower mesial root and broke the head right off of the elevator! Guess I was leaning on it a bit huh? Maybe just poor metal but it gave me a momentary surprise anyway. The head and the root came out quickly with a back up elevator. rick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Nice roots! You were lucky that they didn't break ~ or you were just patient enough not to rush it!

Kristi G.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home