Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Students Externs


This last week we hosted two more 4th year dental students from the local University. As has been the case so far, they were well behaved and eager to learn as much as possible about oral surgery.
Their names were Tola and Rachna. Tola spoke the most English and was the most outgoing. Rachna was quiet and somewhat reserved but will make a fine dental surgeon some day. He has that special ability to touch people gently but with confidence.
I always tell them that we first of all want to have fun! This confuses them all at first but I continue to ask them each day and towards the end of the week, they are flashing me a great big “thumbs up” sign. I enjoy the time to share my knowledge about oral surgery techniques with them. They are always very appreciative. I always tell them the most important thing to know is…what you don’t know and when to say “no” and refer.
Rick

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget what you taught me, Dr. Northen ~ the most important thing is to be able to "see" what you're doing!! :)

Kristi Gipe

9:39 AM  
Blogger GREG AND JANICE said...

Dad, something tells me these two guys didn't 'get' your jokes...I don't know why. Just a hunch.

- Greg

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home