Monday, September 28, 2009

Helping Hands


Often during a clinic, people will bring their food or purchase food from traveling vendors. This normally means there will be alot of trash just thrown on the ground. Most Cambodians have yet to understand the concept of "No Littering". So sometimes when we are on someone's property, I like to go out and pick up as much as possible. Before leaving Sitbo, I went out with a trash bag and started picking up paper. These young men started helping me without a word from me. They ran around picking up so much, I had to go get a bigger bag. I think they went to neighbor's area too. Hopefully it made some type of impression with them. I gave them a Coke to drink as a thankyou and they laughed with delight! gail

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill and Amanda said...

Wow - it seems so easy to make an impression on them!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home