Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hot Springs





Many of you know that Gail and I live in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Close by is Hot Springs National Park famous for the “hot springs” found there.
Yesterday I traveled to hot springs on a motorcycle with a couple of my friends. I have done that at least one hundred times over the years in Arkansas but this time was different. We made a trek to the Hot springs found in Cambodia!
While it takes about 20 minutes to travel to Hot Springs from the Village, this trek was a little longer. We finally arrived after 4 hours! One of our moto rentals had gear shift problems and we had to stop several times to make repairs. That slowed us down some but not near as much as the muddy conditions. We drove thru countless mud boggs along the way. I kept praying that I would not end up in the bottom of one of these with the dirt bike on top of me! God answered that prayer and we arrived home with only sore muscles and dry eyes about 8 hours later.
My good friend Dennis Welch arranged the trip and our guide Tawn kept us on the right path most of the time. As you can see, the springs were not as elaborate as the ones in Arkansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home