Thursday, September 03, 2009

Externs



We are hosting our first dental students, since returning, this week on the ship. They are the forth group to join us from the International University in Phnom Penh.
Sang Vutha and Ly Saung are both forth year students in the IU dental program. They, like most of their classmates, work part time in local dental clinics to gain experience usually as volunteers. Each had very limited experience in oral surgery before this week. Ly Saung told me yesterday, “I am no longer afraid!” I told him I was glad but to always remember that all of his patients are always afraid to some degree! Some much more than others!
It seems amazing that we have been back in Asia for over one month! Time flies when you are having fun, I guess. And for the most part, we are having fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home