Friday, August 28, 2009

Movin' On



The ship has arrived at Kos Khel. I drove the truck and stopped at the market to buy some fruit. Rick and I like to eat bananas in our cereal for breakfast, but the market at none so I bought apples and pears. The market had lots of vegetables so I think Linh, the cook, will find plenty of good things here to cook. We try to eat what he makes most of the time. Today he had stir fry eggplant with pork. Yesterday, stir fry pumpkin with pork and last night a chicken soup with carrots, potatoes, onions and some other unidentifiable items. It is the spices he uses that make the taste alittle different. With the chicken he uses lemongrass. It is a rather twangy taste with a hint of lemon. Not bad. Usually when he makes a soup with fish is the time when I pull out the ham for sandwiches. Tonight was a special treat with baked potatoes and canned chilli on top. In the picture with me is Kim. This is her house where the ship is docked. Last year when we were here I went with her to the school where she teaches. She told me all the students missed me and was hoping I would come back. I am pretty sure the kids didn’t miss me! gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home