Saturday, September 12, 2009

To the Market


On our last trip to Phnom, I went to the big Central market to get some things that are more difficult to get in some villages. In the picture you can see the eggs. Those are chicken eggs and easy to buy in town but duck eggs are more common in villages. The meat is both pork and beef. I ask for it cut in 1 kilo sections so I don't have to cut it up. The meat ladies must of recognized me from the last time I was there because they asked "same as before?" I think they like the quantity I buy. Hope they don't think I eat it all! Carrots, pototoes, tomatoes, beans and lettuce finish up the shopping list. I decided not to attempt another Khmer soup, just a regular vegetable beef. If the crew is hungry enough, they will eat it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home