Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Breakfast is Ready!


As we have shared many times in the past the crew has rice with every meal every day. For breakfast the cook will prepare some type of meat or soup to eat with the rice. This morning we had a new addition to the menu. Crickets.
At certain times of the year we have a bumper crop of crickets invade the ship. Now is one of those times. Several of the crew went about collecting the little buggers this last weekend and we had them for breakfast this morning. Baked chicken with assorted salad veggies and crickets on the side.
After I had my regular bowl of cereal, I popped one of the fried crickets in my mouth and to my surprise, it wasn’t too bad! I offered one to Gail and she just turned her nose up at me. She is still experiencing culture shock I think. Rick

1 Comments:

Blogger GREG AND JANICE said...

This is NOT making me want to go to Cambodia. I will have to bring my own oatmeal.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home