Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Rains Have Begun

It rained yesterday. I like it when it rains because the water feels so fresh. It doesn’t always cool the air, but usually there is a wind that is welcome. There was an article in the Cambodian Daily about the rains coming early this year. They decided the rainy season has officially started therefore it will end early. No matter when the rainy season starts and ends it makes for difficult times for the people coming and going from the clinic. But like yesterday, when it rains is a good time to wash rugs. Normally, we pull water from the river and it has a brown tint to it. So the fresh rain water makes me feel like the rugs will be cleaner. It is probably all in my head, and Rick laughs as me when I sit in the rain scrubbing rugs, but it is easier than pulling buckets up out of the river. Rosemary will appreciate that! Only negative is the fact that ten people have already been killed by lightning this season. Sorry no picture with this. I wouldn’t let Rick take one especially after he accused me of trying to be in a wet t-shirt contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home