Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Unexpected Blessings


God works in mysterious ways. We came here to work on the Mekong River to share God’s word and help medically. As of yet, this has not happened. What has happened was totally unexpected. As teachers share the Bible and invite these young students to church, few would come. By chance, we found that they love to sing! In between hours of study, we began to sing short praise songs. Many of the students responded positively, and now attend singing fellowships here at the PIP house.
On Sunday evening, a song service starts at 5:30, and Bill shares tips about notes and how to sing better. We then have a short worship service and offer communion. Several students are Christians and this is the only time they can attend. An added blessing is having some of the young men participate in the services. The young man in the picture is Veasna. On Wednesday, we start at 5:00 and sing many songs, and again have a short lesson. Having the services at the house had enabled many students to participate who might never be able to go across town to the Khmer church. Our prayer is this young group of 45 or so will become the Lord’s church and continue to bring their friends. Gail

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are doing such great work. My Grandmother who was your patient in "The Village" in Hot Springs gave me your blog b/c I will be moving with my family to Cambodia in September and I hope I can do some good there too. I hope to meet you both once we get there. Take care- Connie

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a blessing to read of the good work going on there! Love and miss you. Judy

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rick,

I am a former 'patient' of yours and the son of Dean & Shirley Goff of HSV. I have lived here in Saigon for three years and would love to rendez-vous if you're ever in Vietnam! I've only read a bit of your 'blog' and I can understand your enthusiam!! Please let me know when your 'Dental Boat" is launched and I'll try to make a return trip to Cambodia! In the meantime please do contact me at Thad_Goff@hotmail.com if you're in my neighborhood of Saigon!! All the best! Thad

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home