Saturday, July 08, 2006

Shoes


We had another testing day to take new students at the Partners In Progress English school. As you can see from the number of shoes, we had quite a few. There were 37 prospective students who came to test to see if their English was adequate. Some cannot be accepted because their language skill is limited, and they are not able to communitcate well enough to read and comprehend the books that are used. We also interview them to ascertain their verbal skills. I'm a softie about the score I want to give them, but know we can only accept the more advanced. They know that the better English they speak, their job possibilities improve and then of course this opportunity is free to them. I am glad that the boat was delayed to allow me to be involved in the school. I think I have learned more from teaching the biblical lessons than many of them. Their questions concerning the stories of the Bible are innocent and humbling as I have commented in past blogs. I still have alittle culture shock about taking my shoes off everywhere we go, but I'm getting better. Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home