Thursday, July 13, 2006

WHAT A SURPRISE

Gail and I come to eat breakfast each morning with the WEI team and share in prayer and a devotional thought also. As Gail said yesterday, the group we have here now is a great blessing to us. After breakfast we all check e-mail or get ready for our first students at 8:00. This morning, Gail flips on the TV to see the overnight headlines and when she flipped quickly past ESPN, there it was. To my surprise and delight, we had stumbled upon the mid-summer Baseball All-Star game!
Kenny Rogers was on the mound getting ready for the first pitch. I was pumped! After not seeing a single game played by my beloved Texas Rangers all season, I might get a chance to see at least one or two of their players in this game. After my first student session was over, I ran back down stairs to see what was happening. I saw Gary Mathews, the Rangers center fielder, get a hit. That was nice but I was able to see the end of the game which was thrilling. Michael Young, the Rangers team leader and exceptional shortstop, came to bat in the ninth inning, behind 2 to 1. He delivered the game winning hit for the American League team. He was chosen the MVP of the All Star game and now I was really pumped!
What a nice surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home