Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Lady at the Ta-ble


Gail and I recently dined at a popular Phnom Penh restaurant named Friends. They have good food but there is something very unusual about the employees. They are all street kids. They have been taken off the streets by a humanitarian group and sent to school and taught a skill that will keep them from returning.
Cambodia has hundreds of these street kids many of whom abuse drugs and are exploited by all kinds of predators. Most of them sniff glue and you can see them with there small plastic bag which they inhale from every few seconds.
I am thankful for this group who seem to be really making a difference in the lives of these children. That is after all what God put us here for. To somehow make a difference in the lives of others whether they are on the road from Jerusalem to Jericho or on the streets of Phnom Penh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Rick & Gail,it is National Prayer Day here and I wanted to let you know we are all thinking of you today.
I said a prayer for you today,
and know God will have heard
I feel his answere in my heart
although he spoke not a word.
I didn't ask for wealth or fame,
I know you will not mind,
I ask for priceless treasures rare
of a more lasting kind.
I pray he will be near you
at the start of each new day,
to grant you health and blessings fair, and friends to share the way.
I ask for happiness for both of you
in all things great and small,
But that you know his loving care,
I pray for most of all.
Have a Great Day,

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home