Sunday, April 23, 2006

We had a wonderful Lord’s Day service here today. Brother Doug Reeves from Lubbock, Texas is here teaching in the Cambodian Bible Institute for one month. He brought our lesson to us this morning on taming the tongue. Gossip and slander were his topics of discussion. People have that problem here just like everywhere else. Doug told us his mother had lied to him when she told him, “sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt you”. He was right. Words often hurt more than even sticks and stones!
We have a new couple here from St Louis. They are Dale and Evelyn Lundy and will teach in the WEI school for the next month or so. The Lundys are considering making Cambodia there long term mission location. We hope they make that commitment because they are great people.
I met a young man last night at our evening service. His name is Phrack and he came for the first time with his friend Bunna. I introduced myself to him after our devotional and he was very open. He said to me at one point, "May I asked you a question please? I hope you will not be upset with me! What are the evidences of this Jesus?" He had never heard of this Jesus or his Father God. I told him a little about the Bible and he said, "Why did He have to die"?" I told him about Jesus being the sacrifice to be the last one for all time and he was pleased. We will study with him soon and will teach him further the Good News. This happens every day here in Cambodia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home