Friday, April 14, 2006

World English Institute


Gail and I have been teaching in the WEI program the last few days. One of the teachers who has been here for the last six months left recently to go home. New teachers are coming in a few weeks and so we are teaching the students in the interim. I have been having wonderful studies!
My first student in the mornings is a 20 year old Cambodian named Kavich Neang. He is a bright young man who has been studying in the WEI program for about 6 months now. The other morning we studied the story of the conversion of the Eunuch from Ethiopia. The last sentence he read mentioned the Good News. When I asked him what was the Good News he said “the deaf of Yaseu”. Well his answer was correct but I wanted him to understand a little deeper. I asked him if he were to receive a very valuable gift would that be good news? He said, “Yes”. I then asked how he would feel if he were to receive free of charge a new “moped”? I knew that would be an unbelievable gift to him. He said that that would be, “Wonderful Indeed”! I then told him how much greater the Good News was than a new moto. It was a light bulb coming on experience for him. He just lit up and grinned from ear to ear. I knew then that he understood what I was trying to tell him.
This is new for me. I am usually “pullin teeth” instead of teaching Gods word. I have really been missing out I think. Maybe you have been to!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, you look amazing. I'm so proud of you. I love you and miss you but I know daddy would be proud too. You are definitely an amazing lady!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home