Saturday, April 01, 2006

Snack Foods





With baseball season right around the corner, it brings to mind youthful memories of opening day, Cracker-Jacks, and “Take Me Out to The Ballgame”! It also reminds me of my favorite snack food, sunflower seeds.
I brought one bag full with me in February and they have run out now despite my rationing of them. I have found a substitute for them, although very strange, in lotus flower seeds. You see people all over the place selling the green pods for snacking on. Yesterday I bought my first ones to try out. As you can see on my face and Gail’s, they are a little different! I may have to look for another substitution. I don’t think they will overtake the snack market in the US anytime soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck...

First, let me say how much I enjoy reading your blog, and hearing about the way you are glorifying our Father. This is great.

Second, it hurts me to see you struggle with these nasty snacks. If you will let me know when someone is coming over from the states, I'll send along some sunflower seeds in their luggage.

Kirk

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home