Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Pillow Talk




Last week I woke up with a stiff neck for the umpteenth time and decided that I needed to do something about it. The little flat pillow I had been sleeping on had to go so off to the pillow and mattress store I went. After jostling and punching a few, I decided on just the perfect one and made my purchase. I was so proud that it only cost US $2! When I got home I found out that my “cheap pillow” may have not been such a good bargain after all. I was told that it was probably filled with kapok. I didn’t know what that was so someone brought me a kapok pod. As you can see below, when it is dry it can be opened up and it produces a large amount of cotton looking fiber. OK I thought, what’s the problem. I was then told that my previous pitiful flat pillow had at one time not too long ago looked just like my new one! You see, that wonderful fluffy looking fiber turns into a hard brick bat in a short time! Should have bought the $3 one I guess. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home