Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shopping



Nice shoes huh! Gail and I just returned from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam last night after a 4 day visit. We were there primarily to oversee the installation of equipment and other details, but as with all women, Gail found time to do some serious shopping. Surprise, surprise, huh guys! She had been picking up some odds and ends when she spotted this shoe booth in an open air market. I knew right away I was in trouble by the look in her eye. She tried on two or three pair and settled on one pair fairly quickly for her, about 10 minutes. She asked the price and they quickly said “80 Thousand Dollars!” Well the good news is that 80 K was Vietnamese Dong, and that only came to $4.95! The lady in charge custom sized the shoes for Gail and added several more brads to make them good and strong. We had a good time shopping for this pair of shoes. Mandy Gardner would have loved being there.
I had been looking for a new wallet myself and had literally looked at over 100 wallets, I am certain. I finally made a choice of a smallish one that would not be so bulky in my back pocket. When I got back to the hotel room, I got out my old wallet and emptied the contents on the bed. I then began putting everything in the new one. I immediately ran into a minor problem. Not only did none of my credit cards fit in the “credit card”slots, you couldn’t fold it closed if you could jamm them in! Good thing I only paid 35 thousand for it. Anyone need a brand new, smallish, genuine leather, wallet?
Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home