Saturday, March 04, 2006

We have arrived safely in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and after a few days of jet lag, we have our feet back on the ground. We woke up at 2 or 3 each morning at first, but we slept in until 5:00 AM this morning! Gail is out shopping at the market this morning and I am preparing to speak at church tomorrow.
Things seem to be progressing well with the boat project. I will have to stop calling it a boat, I guess, as the official name is the “Ship of Life”! Sounds impressive huh? I will travel to Vietnam next Tuesday to oversee the installation of medical/dental equipment. I hope things go smoothly as I will be there alone with not much to do in the evenings. As I said earlier, we are hopeful of receiving additional donations and we are eagerly awaiting an answer.
Gail and I feel so blessed to be back here to our new “home”. We thank God for allowing us to be here and consider it a privilege to serve. We were given a wonderful send off by our church family in the Village. Last Wednesday night the church had a prayer circle for us and so many expressed kind words. We were saddened by the recent loss of Mike Sykora’s father. Mike we love you and your family and will pray for God’s comfort for you especially your Mom over the coming weeks and months. Many of us will never forget your Dad and his great big constant grin. I know you will carry on his legacy and continue that family grin! Jeff and Michelle, we continue to pray for Jeff and his full recovery. God loves you and will take care of the situation. Let’s all pray for our new eldership and follow them closely. God has truly blessed the Village Church of Christ in the past and will in the future.
We love you all and miss you already. In His service, Rick and Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home