Friday, April 28, 2006

A Woman At A Well



This past week I saw this lady pumping water at a village well and thought of the story in John Chapter 4. I asked her first if I could take her picture because some are afraid. As you can see she smiled big and said it was OK.
I couldn’t speak to her like Jesus did to "The Woman at the Well", because we did not share a common language. If I could have, I would have loved to tell her about Living Water and how it could change her life forever. She may have been aware of Jesus and his water as we had just finished feeding her children supplemental nutrition at a place where the Church meets near by.
Notice how she dressed. It was about 95 degrees and unbearable humidity! I would have had a heat stroke in 15 minutes dressed as she was! Perhaps the woman Jesus talked to was dressed much the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home