Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coming Home


Gail and I began blogging almost 4 years ago to keep our family and friends up on where we were and what we were doing. At times it is a joy and to be honest, sometimes it is a burden! This is our 700th blog and we had our 40,000th reader last week! Amazing stuff!
I am in Phnom Penh preparing to depart for home on Monday morning. Driving here took me 4 hours today and along the way I stopped to check on one of my previous patients. His name is Math Ly. Mr Ly is 66 years old and as you can see, he has serious health issues. After seeing him last week, I proceded to look for someone to help him explore his options. My good friend, Dr Hong Someth, the head of the Oral Surgery Department at the National Dental School, contacted an Oral Surgeon from Malaysia who will see him next Tuesday for a cat scan and biopsy.
Please pray for Mr Ly that he can be helped and soon. He is very close to being unable to swallow food and breath. I fear that he is a swollen sore throat away from the end. I am aware as always of the many blessings and privileges we have in the U.S. and the great suffering many others endure. He has been told many times over the last 10 years that there is nothing that can be done for him. Maybe now he can have some hope. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home