Saturday, February 28, 2009

Young Workers


Check out these young guys! We see kids playing around the boat everyday, like this young one paddling by on his makeshift raft. But in the top picture, this young girl was working on cutting up fish while her parents were selling in market. Now can you imagine your 7 or 8 yr old using a big knife to cut up meat? They start very young here helping mom and dad with the daily work. I'm pretty sure these young kids are not able to go to school. The young girl and her brothers on the boat live there with at least five others that I counted and the kidswork until the others returned and then they leave for the day. gail

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my early days in the Village, only the giant blade I used was powered by a lawnmower! Ha

Greg

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home