Saturday, February 21, 2009

Arriving Prek Po



Now that I am driving the truck from village to village, I get to see more of the countryside. Passing from Mean Chey to Prek Po was some beautiful rice fields. Fields were in different stages of growth and I have never taken time to quite understand the planting, growing and harvest process or timeline. But they are beautiful to look at. I rounded a corner and saw the ship passing by. So one of the pictures is of that scene and the other is approaching the docking area. While waiting for gangway to be put down for me to board, there was a foreign man that I visited with. He wasn't American or French, because he asked if I was French, but I didn't ask where he was from. He had been living in village across the river for nine years and had four children with his girlfriend. I didn't want to be too nosey about what he did for living and when he said he would be flying to Iran to make money to live, I for sure wasn't going to ask more! I told him we would be here a week if we could help him, so we'll see if he comes back! gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home