Sunday, March 02, 2008

Baby Girl Wheeler


One of the reasons I was glad to accompany Alise back to Phnom Penh for her departure was to join with the other ladies in celebrating the birth of Nathan and Cheryl Wheeler's first child. They will return to the states this week to prepare for the arrival of a baby girl hopefully around May 23. In the picture from left to right is Natalie Hayes, who has been a team member with the Wheelers, Tabitha Snowbarger, who works with the nutrition program, me, then Cheryl. It was a fun night as we all gave "advice" to Cheryl about motherhood. Of course, it came with much humor! If you can't tell, upon arriving in PP, Alise and I went to the beauty shop. She wanted a cut, so I decided to be brave and get my first hair cut (other than doing it myself). So, what do you think? Well, we had a wonderful evening and closed with a pray circle for Cheryl. I still feel such a strong bond of love and friendship as I look around at these ladies of all ages, from all over the states, who really don't know each other all that well, but can join together in a unity with the Lord. The church is definitely not a building, it is people who share the love of the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home