Sunday, February 24, 2008

Grandma?


When I am standing around the people waiting for the doctors, there are several questions that is consistantly asked. How old am I? Do I have children? How old are they? And that leads to... Do you have grandchildren? For most women here, especially in the villages, it is to have children as soon after marriage as it can happen. Birthing children is very important. I think that most assume that since I have older children they think I should have grandchildren. I smile and say someday I will! Right kids??!! This beautiful boy I am holding belongs to Chan who was visiting a friend on the ship. Chan graduated from the Sunset preaching school and now works in Siem Reap with the church there. He was blessed not long after his wedding with this son. I know I will be blessed also with grandchildren, but maybe not too soon?! gail

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do look very good as a grandmother, but don't get too comfortable with that thought just yet!!

Love you!
Brittany

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa whoa whoooooaaaaaa!!! Let's all calm down here. Janice and I have a five year plan (ahem, dad) and it doesn't invovle a Gerber category! Better talk to Britt.

Your very young, immature son,
Greg

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home