Monday, August 13, 2007

What Religion on You?



As we travel south through Kandal Province, we see a Moslem mosque on one side of the river and a Buddhist temple on the other. The contrast is no different anywhere in the world as people seek a higher being. With the mysticism thrown in with both religions, you get an interesting view from these people. It is difficult to communicate through centuries of beliefs. But then I reflect on all the beliefs we have in the United States and it is no different. And also very difficult to communicate. We are fighting Satan in different ways, but still have the same source of strength to draw from. I find it difficult to share the love of Christ here in Cambodia because of language. But I found it difficult to share the Lord in my past because it was uncomfortable. It was easy to sit in a church building and hope people come and hear a good sermon and be touched. I am ashamed I was not more like my father. You who know him, know that he lived and spoke each day of Christ's blessings. But everyday is a new day and we can ask for spirit of boldness. gail

1 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn Wilson said...

I have read your latest comments and am speechless! I am so inspired by what you and Rick are doing for the Lord. Janice will be very blessed through Greg and her in-laws. I thank God for you every day. He is amazing, working through all of us every minute of each day. Marilyn

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home