Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Heading North


We have been at the most southern point of our trip down the Bassac River. We are only 7 kilometers from Vietnam when we stopped at this village named Sampeo Poun. We ate a lot of bananas here! Ha I don’t know if you can see the bananas hanging in the picture. Actually we eat bananas at every village. Now we are headed back north on the opposite side of the river. Our first stop is Chroy Takao and I can already tell that this side of the river has a better breeze! Some of the emails we received this past week included news of the kids heading back to school. I do get alittle homesick thinking back to when I was teaching and getting everything ready in the classroom. My nephew, Alexander, said his classes weren’t too bad this year as a sophomore in high school, and my niece just started her freshman year at York College in Nebraska; a long way from Arkansas! It is also the last year of law school for our daughter, Brit, at SMU in Dallas. I always felt that as a teacher, we have a great opportunity to serve God as we teach the next generation. We have such a great influence on their lives, and can affect so many kids with our example as a Christian. What kids are faced with daily is definitely a challenge to their faith. I believe it is a mission field that may be more difficult than ours! gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home