Monday, February 26, 2007

Medical Clinics


We have taken a few days off from our medical trips into the rural villages. This weekend Dr. Hess and Amanda went up to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat temples. Everyone who visits Cambodia should take time to see these amazing structures if at all possible.
While in Prey Ta Chey village this past Friday, we checked on the growth of this little baby girl in the picture. We had taken her to a charity hospital for surgical evaluation several months back and they told us she needed to be a little older. She is now old enough and strong enough to have the procedure completed. Can you imagine how happy her Mom will be for her little one to look normal and not have everyone stare at her? I cannot.
We also referred the local preacher for a colorectal screening for suspicious symptoms and a 12 year old boy for a chest wall mass. We may very well save some lives with our little clinics this past week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Rick and Gail Northens

My name is Phanat Ouch and I am currently a student of Southwest School of Bible Studies (www.swsbs.edu) and will be graduating in less than 6 months. I plan to do the works of an evangelist in Cambodia as soon as I graduate. I speak and understand the Khmer language fluently and am currently taking classes on how to read and write in Khmer. I plan to teach and preach the gospel in both the Khmer language and in English. I've emailed Bill McDonough but havent gotten a response yet. My email is doulosChrist0u@yahoo.com. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

In Christian Love,

-Phanat

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home