Monday, February 19, 2007

A Great Read, No….A Must Read

I read as much as I can. I love to read, especially Christian books by Godly men. I have recently reread a book by Chuck Swindoll named, “Marriage From Surviving To Thriving”. I cannot think of anyone on the face of the earth who would not benefit from reading it.
I have a great marriage because I am married to a great woman. She has been able to overlook my numerous personal deficiencies for the better part of 29 years. We are committed to each other.
I am actually writing this to my daughter Brittany and her fiancé Zac. I couldn’t help think about them as I read this book since they are getting married in June of this year. I would like to share so many things with them about marriage but would probably mess it up royally! Swindoll does a masterful job telling it like it is without forgetting the realities of everyday life and the pull of the world. His writing style really speaks to me in a powerful way.
If you are in a bad marriage right now or a great one, read this book. If you are thinking about marriage, read this book. Hint….Hint…..!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, ok! I'm on it!!

Love you!
Brittany

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip...I could spread that idea around here too!! Love you all. Judy

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home