Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Cambodian Tabernacle Choir

Claude Lewis and his wife Madge have recently joined us here as Interim Directors of the WEI English Bible Studies Program. Claude is multi-talented and has taught choral music in the past. The Cambodian students have no previous training in reading or singing music, but they somehow love to sing.
Claude is teaching all of us how to read music and sing better. Last Sunday night he lined all of us up in a typical arrangement, and we sang a few songs. The quality of the sound may have been less than ideal, but God must have been pleased as we sang praises to His name. We may have a concert for family and friends in the not to distant future! Thanks Claude!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Gardner said...

Rick and Gail,

Here's a "small world" moment for you: Madge Lewis was my music teacher when I was in elementary school. What little I know about reading music I learned from her. And Claude performed the wedding ceremony of my parents.

And if you haven't heard, the Rangers canned Buck today.

Blessings and prayers for you both today as you spread kingdom seed.

I Love You Both!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home