Tuesday, October 03, 2006

God's Calling

Several times in the last year when I have been asked to speak, I have spoken on God’s calling. I have recounted my own personal experience with God’s will for my life as I have perceived it at different times. I think He “calls” all Christians who are quiet enough and still enough to hear Him.

I recently finished reading a book on the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. My good friend Jim Gardner often quotes Bonhoeffer in his sermons and tells of his courageous life. The book’s name is “Dietrich Bonhoeffer Called By God” and tells of his Christian response to Nazi Germany’s effort to destroy religious institutions before and during WWII. Bonhoeffer was executed shortly before the end of the war but has had a profound influence on Christians all over the world by his firm belief that we must be involved in helping others wherever they are. He evolved from a pacifistic approach to that of a more radical involvement. It cost him his life.

I wonder. Am I ready and willing to give my life for a cause greater than myself? Isn’t that the real question we all must answer?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the current status on the building of the ship?
how would i be able to contact you and possibly provide support?
I would enter my email address but i get enough spam as it is.
do you have a contact stateside?

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home