Monday, September 18, 2006

A GOOD MAN

As some of you may remember, last January I wrote about a dentist named Mark Trotter. Mark and his wife Lyla and their 6 children had decided to move to Cambodia much like Gail and I. Mark sold his practice and was one month from making the move when he began to have some mild neurological symptoms. A visit to his doctors confirmed a nightmare diagnosis.
Mark Trotter passed from this life last week after fighting a 9 month battle with an extremely aggressive brain tumor. Mark is one of my heroes and I will never forget his courage both before and after his diagnosis. He and his wife Lyla were deeply committed to Christian missions and loving others as themselves. May his story and legacy live on for many years to come and motivate others to hear the call of God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Gardner said...

Rick,

I so appreciate you sharing Mark's story throughout your blog and his courage in the face of his illness. His faith has motivated my own.

Jim

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home