Thursday, September 14, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

Like the old Gene Autrey song says, “I’m back in the saddle again.” Last Saturday I took out an abscessed tooth for one of our employees. Today, Gail and I went out into the country side and did a one day clinic for a small village where the church meets. They have had a flurry of baptisms the last month or so, and they had asked us to come. Tomorrow, I will go to Prey Ta Tong for a one day clinic as well. Pisey, our translator, also helped chairside.
Before last Saturday I had not seen or touched a single patient for almost one year. My last day of practice was Sept. 30th, 2005! I’m glad to announce that I have not forgotten how to give injections or extract teeth. I was a little worried but as the say in Cambodia, Ought Bonnie Hah. In English that means, No Problem!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rick, That shack looks mighty familiar. Prey Tuk Chey village I should say, eh? (pardon the rhyme.) I recongized the garden field in the background and the young wood harvest grove in the background that you took a picture of me with Tome last time I was out there. Looking at your blog pics reminds me of what it is like living in a National Geographic mag. chow; john

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home