Wednesday, January 28, 2009




We have completed a great week with the team from Colorado. They are in Siem Reap now visiting the temples and doing the tourist thing. We will hook back up with them in Phnom Penh tomorrow and tour them around town for a few days before they depart for the states on Friday.
The week was exciting as always but when you add the optical team to it things are always hopping! It seems that everyone wants glasses! I am not sure if it is just a status symbol partly or not but we helping over 340 this week and must have turned away at least 1000 for optical care.
We had three medical docs also and they saw around 700 for the week. The lowly dental clinic saw close to 200 patients with the majority having extractions. The dental patient has to be a little more committed to the visit than the medical or optical ones. The dental patient has to leave something behind!
All in all we had a great week. These guys were great working super hard all week without the least complaints….at least that I heard! We hope they will come and visit us again in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Hello Gail & Rick!! I am so glad to see that you all are doing well! It's hard to believe that it has been almost an entire year since I was in Cambodia! I loved my time there so much and have been looking for opportunities to return. I might have a chance to spend 2 weeks in March in PP and Angkor Wat.

I also have few questions for you. Next time you have a chance, can you email me?

jeannemgalvin@yahoo.com

You and your team are always in my prayers!

Blessing,
Jeanne

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home