Thursday, September 11, 2008

Uh Oh, Gail is Driving



I know this is a scary thought, but I drove for the first time in Cambodia. After being here almost three years, we decided I should get my Cambodian driver’s license. All it took was three pictures, passport, country driving license, and $36.00. I have a tendency to react suddenly and you can not do that here in this traffic. But I drove without mishap from the city to the ship. Of course I did not drive until we were out of city and in the province! All vehicles that PIP uses are manual transmission, but since we have owned them in the past, I had no problem with that. It was the dogs, chickens, cows, bicycles, carts, and various other problems that stroll onto the road. We knew in the past if there had been an emergency reason, I would have driven without a license. Even though I am legal now, I doubt I will drive much anyway. gail

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Gail!
Love, Shari

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home