Monday, September 08, 2008

New Friend in Koh Thom


We met a young man in Koh Thom who was delightful. Although he had severe physical disabilities, his spirit was a joy to witness.
His name is Phat Phav. He is 15 years old. At a young age some condition caused him to not be able to speak and he has severe atropy of his upper and lower body. Maybe something like muscular dystrophy. He does however understand everything you say to him and his smile, as you can see, lights up the room he is in.
I invited him to spend some time with us and we gave him a Ship of Life hat which he seemed to love. I will never forget his smile and will look forward to seeing him next year. rick

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Gardner said...

Rick and Gail,

Thanks so much for sharing stories like this along your journey. Thanks to your words and pictures, I, like you, will never forget this young man's smile and how his contentment should alter my perspective. Thanks for using your experiences to remind me of the blessings of God, both far and near.

I Love You Guys!
Jim

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home