Sunday, April 27, 2008

Feet

Today started out like most other days for me in the dental clinic. After choosing 30 or 40 people to see each morning, we bring them on board and see them one at a time.
I do mostly extractions for people in pain with an occasional filling and maybe even a root canal some days. Yesterday I did 4 root canals and large fillings on one Cham girl who I felt sorry for. She was thrilled with her smile makeover!
I saw one little boy today that set me back a little. I didn’t notice anything different at first. He sat in the chair and showed me the molar he wanted me to extract and after numbing him up I noticed his feet. He was a good looking boy of 14 years old but had his feet severely burned when he was a small child. He could not remember what happened but was told that he had had some kind of a surgery afterward.
My heart really went out to him! I really wanted to be Jesus right then and there and just heal his pitiful deformed feet. I cried inside for his condition.
He told me that he does pretty well walking but has occasional pain on his left foot. His big toe, as you may or may not be able to see, turns straight down and will no doubt give him serious trouble as he matures. Sure wished I could find an orthopedic guy to help with this one. Maybe I will ask Dr Lee Sosebee what he thinks when we are home. He can’t wear shoes really. We really shouldn’t feel sorry for ourselves if we have no shoes! If we have pretty normal feet that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home