Sunday, March 09, 2008

CHINIK



We are in Chinik as I write. It is the most remote location we visit in our one year cycle. Chinic is a Moslem village and most of the people are Islamic religiously speaking. They are of a Cham ethic origin.
Today was an unusual day. I saw 45 patients and did extractions on 44 and a cosmetic veneer on the other. Guess she had good genes! The last 5 ladies I saw today were named Sakerosh, Keresh, Mahash, Sahash, and Motok. I also saw a boy named Esau and an 18 year old boy named Man. I couldn’t help but say to him, “You da Man!”
We are going back south on the river as I write due to low water conditions. A massive sandbar we were unaware of has appeared this year and if we do not go south now, it could block us from leaving for 6 months. So we go. rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home