Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Right to Vote!

We sent off for our absentee ballots a full two months ago and I was beginning to think they would not come. We were surprised when they came in the mail from the Garland County court house last weekend.
We did what every red-blooded American would do. We colored in the little squares, very few at that, and signed our John Hancocks. We placed them in return envelopes and had someone coming to the US mail them for us before the election.
I know our vote won’t make much difference. Two punnie little votes out of millions. But I want to be able to gripe about the people who get in. Especially if I didn’t vote for them! I like to even gripe when I do vote for them.
I am proud to be an American and have come to appreciate what that means more now than at any other time of my life. Being away changes you somehow. It makes you appreciate things more. Not take them for granted as much. It is a hassle to vote form here. So I encourage all of you to get off of that sofa and exercise maybe your greatest freedom of all……vote!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

Rick and Gail,
This is totally off topic, but I was hoping that I could send you a note to take to Sokha's memorial on Tues. She and I were very close, going back to before they directed the orphanage, and my heart is just crushed about her death. Can you please send me your email address, so I can send some words to express my deepest condolences to Kimsom and the others especially close to her. Thank you so much!
Tiffany D.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Oops! I forgot to leave my email address! I was emailing back and forth with Marie-Claire at the same time and got distracted.
dahlmananne@yahoo.com

Thank you so much. Blessings,

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home