Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A New One

I thought I had heard them all in the dental setting but this last week there was a new one. A twenty something year old young man came in with an extremely pronounced “eye” tooth that he wanted removed for cosmetic reasons. There are no orthodontist here so I usually do this when the teeth are totally blocked out and no chance for alignment.
I removed the tooth with some difficulty and gave him post op instructions.
The surprise came when he showed up about 15 minutes later and wanted me to put it back in! I think he saw the big hole left and although it would not be evident in a few weeks, he had remorse for his decision. I told him it was too late as it was in the bottom of the trashcan! He shrugged his shoulders and walked away with the Oh-well look on his face. Never had anyone asked to put it back before. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home