Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another Eye Opener!

OK…..we are not having fun all of the time, just most of the time. This week I went to the medical supply area of town to do some shopping and get some prices. I thought I had it down pretty well but boy was I surprised!
The first shop we went into seemed pretty normal until we checked on a medical device and asked the price. I wrote down the price and inquired about a different type of device. The sales lady seemed very upset and wouldn’t even look at me or talk to me. I wasn’t sure what was happening.
Siheang told me after we left that people are very put out if you ask the price and do not buy. When we went to two more shops I decided to try a little experiment. I told my friend to inform the salesman that we would not be buying anything, but would rather be shopping to see what we liked and how much it cost. To my great surprise both shop owners would not serve us! They asked us to go elsewhere! I sure have been turning a lot of people off I guess! Nothing has a price tag so if you don’t ask, it could be 2 or 3 times what you think. Sounds strange, huh?
Just another day in Cambodia I guess. We continue to learn each day. We certainly cannot share Jesus if we are offensive. Hope we don’t run out of money first! Rick

1 Comments:

Blogger emma said...

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't comparison shop!
emma

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home