Sunday, January 28, 2007

First Ship Patients

Yesterday, Gail and I hosted our first guests aboard the Ship of Life. There were six WEI teachers here in PP. We were excited for them to visit us and give us first impressions of the ship. Of course, you see how they had to walk to get on the boat. Two of them had minor dental problems so I opened up the dental operatory and went to work.
Teo Soos was my first patient. I made her a spring retainer some time back to correct some minor maxillary anterior crowding. She is doing well and needed me to adjust her appliance slightly. Rosemary Burchum was my second patient. She had broken the lingual cusp of tooth #12 which had been restored with an MOD gold inlay 40 years previously by her dentist husband, Russ. We gave Russ a hard time about the quality and longevity of his work! Haha. Only 40 years! He countered that the inlay was just fine; it was her tooth that had broken! It is hard be critical of us, old retired dentists.Other guests included Emily Pownall, Doris Lowery, and Nita Mansholt. For desert we served fresh coconut milk!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got updated on your blog...glad to see the pictures and read about your adventures and"opportunities"! Sounds so interesting to us back on the Mainland! I heard about Zack and Brittany and so happy for them. Let her know I will be glad to help or advise in any way! I can see Greg is still doing well as he can still give you advise when you need it! Ha! Love to you all...Judy

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home