Friday, January 19, 2007

Morning Sunrise - Friday, January 19, 2007


I caught this sunrise this morning. I’m not sure why I had alittle problem sleeping, but I got up and sat on the top deck with a cup of coffee. Watching the small and large ships pass by was a unique experience. Rick joined me and it was very calming. It was soon time for me to leave for the airport to return to Phnom Penh. The tide was down so it was fun walking up the gangway with my suitcases in the position you see in the picture. I was going to leave everything on board, but we decided not to risk any problems with customs. At 4:00 today, the crew will board the ship and customs will check everything out. Then they will move the boat away from the dock so no one can come or go. The ship will then leave the port at 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning. It takes a day and half to sail to the border and then the process of clearing Cambodian customs begin. Hopefully, all the paperwork is in order and it is just a matter of the men there getting to feel useful and putting their stamp on the papers. The boat company has a crew of six who will be in charge of piloting the boat. They will stay on board until Phnom Penh even though Captain Nimh will then pilot on into the city. We hope to be waiting at the dock watching “The Ship of Life” arrive. Depending on customs, they should be here by Monday or Tuesday. We are so blessed to be a part of this work. and thank the Lord that he as allowed us to join him here in Cambodia. Gail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home