Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas in Cambodia


I didn’t cry. They both thought I would be would be boo-hooin’, but as they came out of customs, I was all smiles! My children had arrived in Cambodia for the Christmas holiday. I thanked God for their safe arrival and then did not care what the natives thought as I gave them both hugs and kisses.
Holidays have always been an important family time. Obviously, the hardest part of being on the other side of the world is not being easily accessible to family. But Brit and Greg are here now, and that is all that matters. I often wonder how we were so blessed with such great kids. We are proud of their success in athletics and academics. They have friends that have been great for them and will be lifelong friendships. Well, maybe except for Gooch. They are far from perfect, but as parents we were too. I am very thankful for their Godly grandparents and aunts and uncles. I thank our friends, church members and leaders for their example and influence. I was reading in the Christian Chronicle about the percent of Christian family kids lost to the world. It was so easy getting caught up in being active in good things that we forget the most important. I appreciate Rick as a father and husband who always put family first. Our many trips {which I am afraid instilled the travel bug in both kids} were times when we were confined to car, train, boat, or plane and talked, fought, and loved. Of course they are out of hands now and really have been for some time. We know Greg and Brit have a great future. God has blessed them in so many ways and can use them to further his kingdom. That is really all my prayer now. That they find spouses that help them grow as Christians, and be happy in life. I still treat them as my babies and they act like they hate it. I know better! Well, at least if I don’t do it in public. Is this blog considered “public”?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home