Sunday, December 18, 2005

BIG MIKE


It is very interesting to observe the method of construction for homes and buildings here in Phnom Penh. It makes me think of our friends in HSV, the Sykoras. Big Mike supervises construction for Cooper Homes and is pretty handy to have around. He has a wonderful family except maybe for his eldest son who is a little ornery. Mike, Kim, Zack, and Tyler are active in church, community, and definitely basketball! I do miss going to the games and watching the teams play. Alexander, my nephew, is playing basketball on the Jessieville Jr. team and it would be great to see him play.
I would love for Mike to come over here and supervise construction. Now remember, my height towers over many local residents, so imagine Goliath telling these workers what to do. It would be quite humorous! Most of the work is done by manual labor as it is so inexpensive and there is not the machinery available. The workers use pulleys to move supplies to the upper levels, hand paint the walls and ironwork, shovel the sand to lay tile, and myriads of other tasks that are needed to complete a project. In this crazy vision of mine, I do see Mike and Kim sharing their faith and love for the Lord. Their love for each other and their desire to be better Christians are an encouragement to me. Besides, I love giving Mike a jab in the gut and a hard time over anything I can think of!
Gail!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick and Gail,
Thank you for your journal. I read it regularly and it is an eye-opener! I know God is guiding you and watching over you. You are in our prayers daily. Know you are missed but we are all very proud of your pursuit to teach others about Christ!

Have a blessed Christmas and New Year!

Joyce Leeming

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home