Monday, November 14, 2005

The Cambodian Dental Society

The Cambodian Dental Association holds it’s Annual Session this year on Tuesday, November the 22nd. There will be eight different presentations in all ranging from periodontal maintenance to apical surgery in everyday practice. International presenters will be here from America, France, Germany, Australia, and of course, Cambodia. I am looking forward to the lectures next week.

One presenter will be Dr Hong Someth. He invited Gail and I to dinner last night with his wife, Ouan. We had a delightful time together eating traditional Chinese food and of course talking about dentistry and our children. I had asked him earlier how that I might help the local dental society and he made several suggestions. He invited me to aid him in the Oral Surgery Clinic with the 6th and 7th year students. He also invited me to present lectures on specific subjects that I would feel comfortable with. This could prove to be very rewarding!

The dental school is desperate for experienced practitioners to come for a year or more and work in the various clinics. The Dean would welcome almost anyone to come and set up a curriculum and head several departments that are currently without instructors. All of the current professors have to work in private practice to make ends meet. I wished I had more time! A newly retired dentist who spoke English could come here and make quantum leaps in the dental program in a relatively short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home